Before applying for your licence:
- You must be aged 18 or over to be eligible for a PSA license.
- Remember that all correspondence will be sent to the address you provide in this process.
- Have your PPS number ready (this can be found in documents from the tax office or the Department of Social Protection).
- Have a current, valid credit or debit card if paying online
- Your details will be used for the purposes of processing your application request in accordance with Data Protection regulations.
- Please read our fit and proper guidelines on our PSA Website
- Re-check all details in the summary page before completing your online application request.
- When you have completed this process you will receive an application pack in the post. Sign the application form and return it to the PSA along with a passport sized photo and training certificate(s) within 30 days.
It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all information given to the PSA is correct and true.
Providing misleading or incorrect information to obtain a license is an offence.